This policy was last updated on 1st April 2023.
Meglio Limited (“We”, "mymeglio” and “Meglio”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”) and The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) sit alongside each other and PECR rules apply and use the ACT standard of consent. For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Meglio Limited (Company no. 09971786) of Riverside Barns, Remenham Church Lane, Remenham, Henley-on-Thames RG9 3DB. England.
Information we may collect from you
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, sign up to our events, contact us about sponsorship opportunities, enter a competition, promotion or survey, supply details of a clinic and when you report a problem with our site.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Occupation and company name, team or club association
- E-mail address and phone number
- Financial and credit card information
- Any other personal information you disclose in your correspondence with us, contact forms, public reviews of our services and public comments on our social media channels.
We will let you know at the point of collecting your information whether this is optional, or whether it is necessary for you to provide this information to meet certain statutory or contractual requirements. If the latter and you do not wish to provide us with this information, this may limit the services we are able to provide to you.
Information we receive about you from other sources
We may receive the following personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Your affiliated sports team representative body or employer, if we are an official supplier to them;
- Providers of our social media platforms for example Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Linkedin, if you interact with us through these platforms;
- Our third party service providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as SagePay, PayPal Express Checkout, Shopify Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, Shop Pay & Amazon Pay and DPD Courier, Hermes and Royal Mail for our couriers
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following technical information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information for the following purposes and legal bases:
Performance of a contract
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to handle contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to send you our email newsletter if you have subscribed to this. You can withdraw your consent to this at any time by submitting your email;
- to administer any competitions you enter.
Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent to these activities at any time, which will mean (unless another lawful basis applies to your data) that we will cease to process the affected data after consent is withdrawn. However, please note this may result in us being unable to provide you with certain features of the site or our services.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Our legitimate interests
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ask you to leave a review or take a survey;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- for improving existing services and developing new products and services;
- making important service communications about your account, order and business relationship with us;
- to effectively handle any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us, and to protect Physique and our customers by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us.
Compliance with our legal obligations
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including under applicable data protection laws)
- for preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- to fulfil our duties to our employees and other stakeholders.
Disclosure of your information
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, such as:
- Our payment processing providers, including SagePay, PayPal Express Checkout, Shopify Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, Shop Pay & Amazon Pay.
- Our delivery and order fulfilment partners, including DPD, Hermes and Royal Mail
- Our marketing service providers
- Our product design and development service providers
- Our IT platform hosting and support service providers
- Our back office processing service providers
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Meglio Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Transfers outside the EEA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
This may mean that your personal data may be transferred to countries with different standards of data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
For more details on the safeguards in place for transfers of your personal information abroad, including how to obtain copies of these where relevant, please contact us using the details below.
You may, in circumstances, have the following rights in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you.
You can exercise all the rights applicable to you by contacting us at the email address below
You can request to:
- access a copy of the information held about you
- rectify any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you. It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and current. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us to have your personal information corrected.
- delete, restrict or remove the data we hold about you. You can request to temporarily suspend your account or delete it and all personal data about you.
- transfer the data we hold about you to another party
- object to any further processing of your data, if we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests (see “Uses made of the information” above), or for direct marketing.
We will endeavour to respond to your requests within one month and free of charge. Please note that in respect of all these rights, we reserve the right to:
- refuse your request based on the exemptions set out in the applicable data protection laws.
- request for proof of your ID to process the request or request further information
- charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any repetitive, manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
If we refuse your request to exercise these rights, we will give reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision. If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about your request to rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so that you can contact them directly.
If you have any concerns about how we handle your data, please contact us. If you are not satisfied after we’ve tried to resolve your issue, you’ll be entitled to lodge a complaint with our data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.